Aims and Values
We are a fantastic friendly village school with absolutely amazing children.
Our vision is to be outstanding in all areas
It is our aim and ambition:-
· To build children’s self-belief and self- esteem so that they can hold their heads up high.
· To put the children at the centre of everything we do
· To encourage children to lead a healthy and active lifestyle
· To push towards high academic achievement and ensure that children reach their full potential.
· To celebrate success so that children are proud of their achievements
· To have high aspirations and expectations in everything we do
· To notice, value and cherish all our pupils
· To encourage children to strive to achieve their best and flourish
· To foster trusting and collaborative relationships with parents and the community
· To provide a safe, stimulating and nurturing environment
· To develop independent learners and lively enquiring minds
· To value ourselves and others around us
· To inspire a love of learning
· To provide a creative curriculum which motivates, challenges and inspires a love of learning in the pupils
To help realise these aims and to help develop the children's learning techniques we have a creative approach to the curriculum, whereby learning is linked across many subject areas. We also hold regular enterprise weeks, which give the children the chance to lead the direction of their learning. Enterprise projects really capture the children’s imagination and give them an enthusiasm for learning the skills needed to carry them out. All classes have their own enterprise pot of money and they can choose to spend any profits on their class, school or a charity. Recent enterprise activities have included making and selling smoothies and a Movie Night.
The school’s values help pupils know the difference between right and wrong.
Ofsted March report 2020
The school holds the silver Eco award for recognition of the amount of environmental activities it does. Our Eco Committee help the whole school to develop a good understanding of how to look after their world for the future. We also have an active School Council where we have regular meetings and talk about any issues that the children wish to bring up.
All of this exciting activity takes place within our historic 100-year-old building surrounded by a playground which is frequently a hive of activity, with equipment helping to develop imaginative play by the children (and the lunchtime supervisors!) during breaktime. Beyond the playground is our unique orchard which has a trim trail, gazebo, willow tunnel, and flower beds. The Parents' Association and some very talented parents have helped to develop a new creative space for story telling and imaginative play.
Throughout all of this, our pupils achieve consistently high standards in English and Maths by the time they leave at the end of Year 6. If you would like to find out more about the team's approach to learning in the school then please have a look around the rest of the website or even better contact us and visit the school for yourself.