The Sports Premium Funding allocated to our school for 2015-16 is expected to be £8645.00.
This will be used in the following ways -
- Training/coaching teachers to improve the quality of sports lessons.
- Introduction of "Real PE" scheme across the school.
- Sportscoaches working with pupils 3 lunchtimes per week.
- To offer after school clubs.
- To provide more opportunities for pupils to take part in inter-school competitions.
- Purchase of sporting equipment.
- Introduce new and unusual sports - Archery club, Cheerleading.
- To promote Healthy, active lifestyles (Cookery club for example).
Impact of sports premium spending 2015-16
• All teachers have benefited from working alongside an experienced sports coach to increase knowledge, skills and confidence in teaching PE.
• Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all children. This year we have seen increased participation in afterschool sports club, with clubs catering for 70 pupils over the week. We have introduced cheerleading and dodgeball and continued with Archery, Gymnastics, Street Dance, Football and Basketball throughout the year.
• We have entered more inter school tournaments than in previous years which means that more children are experiencing sporting competitions outside of the school. This also raises the profile of the school and may encourage children to pursue sports out of school time.
• The presence of sports coaches on the playground for 3 lunchtimes a week has encouraged children to try a range of sporting activities on the playground rather than playing football every lunchtime.