SEN Teaching Assistant
Temporary to July 2021
Gretton Primary Academy (part of the Brooke Weston Trust) is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and reliable SEND Learning Support Assistant (level 2) for 14 hours per week to join our creative, vibrant and high performing village school.
The position will include providing one-to-one support every morning for a pupil in our reception class with developmental delay and language and communication difficulties. The role will support the child’s social development and learning needs within the classroom and in the outdoor environment through 1:1 and small group work as directed by the Class Teacher and SENDCo.
This child requires a multi-sensory, highly visualised approach to learning so the role will involve the delivery of specific visual and sensory programmes as well as speech and language input daily. It will also involve the preparation of learning resources to enable the pupil to fully access the curriculum and so achieve her full potential.
The post holder will be expected to maintain working records and to effectively liaise and feedback progress to the Class Teacher and SENDCo. There will also be an expectation that this member of staff will liaise regularly with the parents of this pupil.
We can offer you a friendly and welcoming atmosphere, a forward thinking, creative and inclusive ethos and a staff committed to providing an excellent education for all.
The right person to support this child at Gretton Primary Academy will:
- Be a caring and patient person.
- Have experience of working with children with Special Needs in a school setting.
- Ideally have experience of delivering speech and language programmes to young children.
- Ideally have experience of using PECS.
- Have an understanding of how children learn in the Early Years of a primary school.
- Be confident in using technology in the classroom to enhance learning and be competent in using a computer to produce learning resources.
- Have good communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team
- Have the ability to deal professionally and sensitively with children, parents and teachers and outside agencies as required.
- Have a good level of English and Maths (preferably GCSE or equivalent).
- Have a willingness to undertake further training as required.
Gretton School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and safer recruitment practice. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates and references will be requested. Any offers of employment will be pending appropriate references and DBS clearance.
To apply, please complete the Gretton/Brooke Weston Trust teacher application form which can be found on the school and Brooke Weston Trust website. Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to the school.
Discussions with the Principal prior to application are most welcome. Visits to the school may be possible after school – in line Covid-19 restrictions.
The hours of work will average 14 hours per week: Mon- Thurs 8.30am – 11.45am ( to include alternate Thursday afternoons if possible)
This is a temporary post – until July 2021.
Closing date: Please return completed applications to the school by 5pm on Fri 16th October 2020.
Interviews: Tuesday 20th October 2020
Salary - LSA level 2 FTE £16,800