Gretton Primary Academy (part of the Brooke Weston Trust) is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and reliable Administrative Assistant for 13 hours per week to join our creative, vibrant and high performing village school.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Gretton Primary Academy
Salary: BWT Grade 2, Point 4 (FTE £19,447)
13 hours per week/39 Weeks per year
Monday and Tuesday 8.40am – 3.40pm (to include a 30 min break)
Closing date: Please return completed applications to the school by 5.00pm on Monday 27th June 2022.
Interview date: Thursday 30th June 2022
Please find all relevant documents below.
Our students come from all walks of life, and we want our staffing body to be reflective of the communities we work within. Brooke Weston Trust does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, nationality, culture, age, disability, marital status or socio-economic backgrounds. We encourage and welcome applications from minority groups and foster a work environment that’s inclusive as well as diverse, where people can be themselves.
The position will include:
• Processing telephone calls and ensuring appropriate action is taken
• Ensuring that face to face enquiries (visitors, students, parents and staff) are dealt with appropriately
• Undertaking word processing of documentation (letters, reports etc)
• Preparation of teaching and learning resources including photocopying and laminating
• Administering first aid for minor injuries
• Processing of the weekly school dinner orders (Excel spreadsheet)
• Assisting with the implementation of school administration tasks, such as student absence, resolving queries and inputting straightforward data on computer systems
• Organising stock and resources
• Carrying out such other administrative tasks and duties as required by the line managers, appropriate to the grading of the post
The post holder will be expected to:
• Be a personable, polite and professional person
• Have the ability to deal professionally and sensitively with parents, visitors, children and staff
• Be confident in the use of technology including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Office 365 Email
• Have excellent communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team
• Have a good level of English and Maths (preferably GCSE or equivalent)
• Have a willingness to undertake further training as required
We can offer you a friendly and welcoming atmosphere, a forward thinking, creative and inclusive ethos and staff committed to providing an excellent education for all.
Gretton School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and safer recruitment practice. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates and references will be requested. Any offers of employment will be pending appropriate references and DBS clearance.
About Brooke Weston Trust
Our Trust was formed more than 25 years ago with a simple and clear mission – to transform educational performance in all of our communities. Working in some of the most challenging contexts, we improve our students’ achievements by making long term commitments to the community and championing new approaches to improve the life chances for young people.
Our members of staff are essential to realising this vision, and a happy, motivated and supported team will deliver the best possible experiences for our young people.
We place great emphasis on creating a supportive and collaborative working environment in all our schools, where all staff can share best practice through our colleague networks. Brooke Weston staff get access to first class professional development through our Ambition Hub, which is also home to the Northamptonshire Teaching School.
To find out more about working for our Trust and the benefits available to staff please check out the BWT Join Us Guide.
Care and respect for others are the values that lie at the heart of our Trust. The Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. It expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts require proof of identity and as the role is working with children and young people this will also be subject to an enhanced disclosures barring service check.
A copy of the Trust Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy can be found here - Safeguarding and Child Protection
The Trusts position on the recruitment of Ex-Offenders can be found under section 7 of the Trust SCR, Safer Recruitment and Staff Files Policy - Safer Recruitment and Staff Files Policy
Please be aware that if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date your application has, on this occasion, been unsuccessful.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.
If you think you can contribute in this role and to our organisation we welcome your application.
To apply, please complete the Gretton/Brooke Weston Trust support staff application form which can be found on the school and Brooke Weston Trust website. Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to the school.